Ads

Tuesday 27 July 2010

Cheap Books

I'm using my own funds to start this company. Therefore, keeping cost contained is my priority. Since I have to construct the prototype myself, I have no choice but to learn the skills that is needed. Of course the Internet has all the knowledge that I needed, however, I find that it is not convenient to read from the monitor. I still prefer the traditional book.

To obtained the books that I needed, I choose to buy secondhand books. They are usually 80% lower than a new one. Two Websites that I obtained go to obtain my secondhand books:
  1. BetterWorldBooks
  2. AwesomeBooks
I believed that they sell the cheapest secondhand books with the lowest postage. The cheapest book at BetterWorldBooks is USD3.98, the postage to Malaysia is USD3.97 per book. For AwesomeBooks, the cheapest book is priced at GBP1.99 while the postage is GBP2.99 for the first item and GBP1.49 for the rest. Based on my shopping experience, BetterWorldBooks has a wider choice as compared to AwesomeBooks.

Anyway, by selecting the cheapest choice, my cost per book is about MYR25.00. This is much lower than what you can find in MPH. New technical books cost at least MYR80.00. Some can be as high as MYR150.00! This is too expensive. Of course the book is a little bit outdated, but it is still useful to me as I'm only learning the fundamental ideas. Any information for new features can always be obtained from the Internet.

If you know of a Website that sells cheaper than the above, please do let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment